- Complete Organization Registration at the beginning of each academic year. This includes contact information for your leadership, advisor, and membership. You will also need to upload a constitution and header image.
- Write and Maintain an up-to-date Constitution and Mission Statement. Highsmith will keep your most current Mission and Constitution in your student organization page on UNCA Now.
- Maintain seven, currently enrolled and active members at all times. The organization's primary contact and all executives members must be currently enrolled UNC Asheville students. (Please note that Highsmith Student Union encourages student organizations to connect with the larger Asheville community, but no more than 30% of your organizations membership can be made up of non-UNC Asheville students).
- Maintain an up-to-date roster on UNCA Now. This information will be kept confidential. This roster must be updated after any changes are made.
- Submit meeting information and update throughout the year. All room reservations will be made through this form.
- Submit Program proposals: Program proposals must be completed two (2) weeks before any event to reserve space, access funding, or appear on UNCA Now.
- Complete twenty (10) hours of community service per semester: Student organizations are required to complete these hours as a group, defined as twenty percent (20%) of the group's members. Organizations are encouraged to go above and beyond either semester, but must have a minimum of 20 hours each semester.
- Attend Student Organizations Academy. Two student representatives from each organization is required to attend Student Organizations Academy on Saturday, September 9, 2017 from 9am-4pm in Lipinsky Auditorium. More information to be provided soon.
- Officer or Advisor Transitions: Each organization must submit the Student Organization Change Form immediately after leadership and/or advisors change.
- Campus Commission: Organizations may request funding at the end of each academic year. Those organizations must submit a proposed itemized budget detailing estimated expenditures for the following year. Organizations will then have an opportunity to present the budget to Campus Commission, a group of student org presidents and student activities employees, who make final decisions on budgets. This timeline will be established at the end of each academic year and emailed to all student organization leaders and advisors.
- Signed Memorandum: Organizations with allocated budgets must sign and return a Memorandum outlining each organization's allocation and rules pertaining to spending student organization money.
- Updated Budget: Organizations with allocations must keep an updated itemized budget. This budget will be kept in each student organization's Google-drive file and updated by student activities. This is an estimate of funds only, not an official budget tally!
- Receipt Reimbursement: Most access to allocated student organization funds are reimbursements, not up-front payments. Anyone wishing to be reimbursed must provide an itemized receipt, proof of payment, and submit a receipt reimbursement form to the Highsmith Student Union Student Employee Area in HIG 159 (Alumni Hall).
Code of Conduct
As a student organization, you must uphold the university’s Code of Conduct. This code is a guideline of the university's expectations of you as a student organization. For a comprehensive description of sanctionable circumstances, below we have attached relevant information about “Student Organization Due Process”.
Student Organizations are recognized through a process established in the division of Student Affairs. In granting recognition to organizations, the university reserves the right to review this recognition and the privilege associated with it. It is important that the rights and privileges of organizations and their members be protected by a policy that provides a process for review of inappropriate behavior. It is important that the organizations recognized by the university are meeting established policies and laws. This policy will be in effect in situations on or off campus at the discretion of the university.
Please read the full description of the Code of Conduct.